Orthodontics can have life-transforming results! Please call us today to arrange a consultation for yourself or your children. Afterwards we’ll present your personalized plan, discuss it with you in detail, and include you in all decisions. And that’s just the beginning of a new straight smile that you can flash for a lifetime!
We would all like to have perfectly straight teeth. The thing that many are unaware of is … a straight smile is not only nice to look at, but is ultimately better for you. That’s why treating bite problems is so important.
These are a variety of conditions that require orthodontic procedures to correct them. These include:
Orthodontic issues can be caused by heredity – which can’t be avoided – and also by bad habits, such as thumbsucking or tongue thrusting – which can be corrected before damage is done.
When you have a bite issue, not only does it affect your appearance – and thus your self esteem – but can also create other problems. You will likely find that teeth can be harder to clean properly leading to cavities and periodontal (gum) issues. Also, it may be hard to chew, teeth are more likely to get chipped or broken, it’s hard on your jaw joints and muscles, and misalignment can cause grinding or clenching of the teeth all of which can mean costly restorations down the road.
Although there are ortho treatments available for all ages, children should be assessed before the age of seven to determine any bite issues that need early correction.
Childhood orthodontics can ...
- guide the jaws to grow toward optimal shape;
- direct incoming permanent teeth to correct thumb-sucking damage and to reduce the risk of trauma to protruding teeth;
- eradicate or lessen problems with swallowing or speech;
- simply treatment for future orthodontics, saving time and money;
- preserve or gain space for the aligned eruption of permanent teeth;
- enhance appearance and boost self-esteem.
Orthodontics for adults can ...
- improve chewing function;
- realign teeth to make oral care easier and more effective thereby preventing and/or improving gum disease;
- arrest or reduce loss of the bone that supports teeth;
- allow space t replace a missing tooth with crown & bridge or implant treatment;
- improve esthetics for a healthier, more dynamic smile … which will enhance self-confidence and boost self-esteem.
Dr Zohreh Ansari & Dr Majid Sherkat
105 - 585 16th St, West Vancouver, BC V7V 3R8