We can tell you why it is what it is!
We are happy to say that most dental problems can be treated successfully… but we need you to keep your regular recall appointments so that we can help you maintain your oral health and your best smile.
The bonus is that in addition to having clean teeth, pink firm gums, an uncoated tongue and fresh breath you can take advantage of many of the existing cosmetic options available to you right now!
Our team is trained to detect oral clues that might point to future problems or even possible health issues in other parts of your body. At every recall appointment, we check you for:
- the beginning of cavities, including decay hidden under the gum-line or under existing fillings;
- gum decease which can lead to tooth loss;
- bad breath which is usually caused from sources in the mouth;
- hairline fractures;
- impacted wisdom teeth;
- sensitive teeth which could indicate enamel erosion, a loose filling or an infected inflamed nerve;
- changes in the size, shape, color and feel of your tissues;
- early signs of lip cancer and tumors in your saliva glands, palate and tongue;
- canker sores and injuries to the mouth caused by utensils and even by toothbrushes.
Hygiene Services and preventative advice
Our dental hygienist can help you with all aspects of caring for your teeth and gums. She works closely with the dentists to prevent gum disease and advises suitable dental products for your dental health.
Emergency dental care
Prevention is our middle name which is why we urge you to wear sports / mouth-guards and to avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels, hard candies and to use floss instead of any old thing that’s handy! Still accidents do happen so we make it a point to reserve time in our schedule for emergencies. If you are in pain or have injured your mouth, please call us right away and please keep this list handy. It is adopted from tips compiled by the American Dental Association.
Clean the area gently with a cloth and apply cold compress. Go to a hospital emergency room immediately.
Rinse with warm water and apply cold compress to swelling. Call us immediately.
Hold the tooth by the crown and if it’s dirty, rinse off the root in water. Do not scrub it or remove any attached tissue fragments. If possible, gently insert and hold the tooth in its socket, facing the right way. Otherwise, put the tooth in a cup of milk and get here as quickly as possible. Call first if you can.
Rinse your mouth with warm water and check to ensure there’s nothing caught between your teeth. Never put Aspirin or other painkiller against the gums near the aching tooth – it may burn the gums. Call us!
Children Dental Care
At every stage of life, oral health and attractive smile are invaluable assets.
For infants and children the focus is on:
- Healthy gums and teeth
- Proper spacing and bite alignment
- Protection against sports and play injuries
How we can help
- Prevention and monitoring with regular dental visits starting when teeth erupt
- Early orthodontic assessment
- Oral hygiene instruction
- Custom-fitted mouthguard
- Emergency care
Mouth Guards / sport guards
Dr Zohreh Ansari & Dr Majid Sherkat
105 - 585 16th St, West Vancouver, BC V7V 3R8